Thursday, September 17, 2009

My heart is broken...

Spooky

May 1, 2003 - September 17, 2009

Forever in our hearts

Our sweetheart

We love you Spook!




Have you a cat in Heaven, Lord?
and do You pat it's head?

Does he sit up and beg each night
before You go to bed.

Does he look up with shining eyes
when he sees Your smiling face?

Does he purr softly and crawl up
into Your lap because that's his special place?

Have You a cat in Heaven, Lord?

Is there room for just one more?
Cause my little cat died today
he'll be waiting at your door.

Please take him into Heaven, Lord
and keep him there for me,

feed him, pet him, love him Lord
that's all he'll ask of Thee.


Author Unknown
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Your favorite chair is vacant now...


no eager purrs to greet me.


No softly padded paws to run


ecstatically to meet me.


No coaxing rubs, no plaintive cry


will say it's time for feeding.


In time, I'll put away your bowl and all


the things you won't be needing.


I will miss you so much my little friend


for I could never measure


the happiness you brought me,


the comfort and the pleasure.


And since God put you here to share


in earthly joy and sorrow;


I know there is a place for you


in Heaven's bright tomorrow.


Written by Alice E. Chase


Asking for prayers for my family as we deal with the loss of our beloved pet, Spooky.
Thank you all and God Bless.
Warmest wishes and hugs, Kimi




10 comments:

  1. Kimi, I'm so sorry about Spooky. It's so hard losing a pet--they are a part of the family. I'll be holding all of you in my heart.
    Warmly,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kimi

    So sorry about Spooky sending hugs and best wishes to you and your family my old girl is 13 and in the back of my mind I dread the day we will lose her too.

    Raewyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart hurts for you, Kimi. Losing a pet is losing a family member, and I know how hard it hurts. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear of Spooky's passing. You can tell he was well loved and a part of your family. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family, Kimi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Kimi, I am sorry very much that you have lost Spooky. If I am allowed, I would like to embrace you warmly. I know that such a loss hurts really very much. I hope that the translation is good. I have a poem. The rainbow bridge
    A bridge connects the sky and the earth. Because of many colours one calls them the bridge of the rainbow. On that side of the bridge there lies a land with meadows, hills and juicy, green grass. If a beloved animal on the earth has fallen asleep for good, it goes to this wonderful place. There is always what to eat and to drink, and it is warm, nice spring weather. The old and ill animals are young again and healthy. They play together the whole day. There is only one thing which they miss. They are not with her people together whom they have loved on earth so. Thus they run and play together every day, until one day suddenly one of them pauses and looks up. The nose shakes, the ears stand, and the eyes become quite big! Suddenly it runs from the group and flies about the green grass. The feet carry it faster and faster. It has seen you. And if you and your special friend meet, you arrest him in your arms and hälst him. Your face is kissed, again and again, finally, and you happily look in the eyes of your beloved animal who had disappeared as long as from your life, but never from your heart. Then you cross together the bridge of the rainbow, and you will be never again separated...
    Love and kind regards from the village iris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank You all SO, SOOOO very much...your love and support truly mean the world to me. It means so much that you would take the time to send me such wonderful comforting messages of support. Please know how grateful I am. Dear Iris, bless your heart my dear friend for sending this BEAUTIFUL poem, you are an angel!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Sending you all the biggest ((((hugs)))) and warmest wishes, God Bless, Kimi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your dear words.
    God may accompany you in the heavy time and be comfort.
    I think of you
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so very sorry for your lost Kimi. Having cats myself I know what a precious part they play in our families. I feel your pain and send you hugs whenever you need them. HUGS Catherine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs and more hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete